NEI hosted its first live, in-person event, Resilience and Reinvention, since the pandemic began. It was a well-attended event with about 30 percent of the participants attending for the first time. Sponsor Meet ‘n’ Greets, educational sessions and round tables, networking opportunities and exhibits, and, of course, our GPA Service Partner Awards rounded out a great two-day event across from Omaha’s Old Market.
Sponsor Meet ‘n’ Greets
Reserved for our Platinum and Gold sponsors, it is structured like a speed-dating session with key NEI Operational Team Members and provides a brief, but powerful, opportunity to further develop relationships between key Service Partners and NEI employees to put a name with a face.
In addition to the annual NEI Business Update, provided by NEI President | CEO, Randy Wilson, several sessions were presented:
- Working Together to Build Business, presented by Pam Jacknick, featured introductions to Lisa Beranich and Brian Digan, who joined NEI in July. The events of the last two years have affected everyone’s business, so this session focused on how we could reinvent working together to build new business for everyone.
- Professional speaker, Larry Weaver, talked about how to Prepare to be Positive! Energy, Attitude & Motivation. He discussed the importance of making the effort to be positive as a cornerstone of resiliency.
- Economic Insights. The hit speaker of the Summit had to be Ted Jones, PhD., Chief Economist and Senior Vice President for Stewart Title Guaranty Company. He made economic news exciting and easy to understand. His insights into how the pandemic affected the economy and what is most likely ahead gave the entire room much food for thought.
- Round Tables
- Emerging Trends. Cindy Beitel, NEI VP, Client Relations, facilitated the discussion, which had good participation. Topics discussed included increases in group move activities, staff turnover with global mobility professionals and the need to enhance training, and the impact of supply chain availabilities. Companies are searching for efficiencies to offset cost increases as much as possible, but increase may be inevitable. Lastly, the discussion focused on how important communication skills were in setting the right expectations for today’s realities.
- Diversity Equity & Inclusion in Mobility. Susan Young, NEI VP, Human Resources, facilitated a discussion about how various relocation industries were incorporating DE&I initiatives into their daily routines. In each session, more activities were openly shared, as were challenges they are seeing in different parts of the world.
- Growing Our Partnership. Lonn Kammeyer, Manager, NEI Global Service Partner Relations, led an engaging discussion with NEI Service Partners about what makes a great partnership with relocation management companies. NEI always encourages an open discussion to foster more trust and search for ways to continuously improve our working relationships.
Some of the top priorities for the GPA Summit is to provide great networking opportunities between our Service Partners and employees…and to share information about industry trends that are emerging. Additionally, NEI provides exhibit space for our Platinum and Gold sponsors during the cocktail reception prior to our awards dinner.
GPA Service Partner Awards
NEI is thrilled to recognize the excellent work of our Service Partners. There are five NEI award categories. You can click on the links to learn more about who won in each category and why:
Partner of the Year Award. This award was implemented to recognize the Service Partner who exemplifies what a true partnership means on all levels.
Service Exceeding Expectations Award. This award is presented by industry segment and based on the highest percentile scores as captured in the NEI scorecard process from transferring employees and the NEI Account Executives.
Own It! Awards. NEI recognized eight Service Partners for clearly demonstrating NEI’s Own It! business philosophy.
Innovation Award. Recognizing that innovation is critical to future success, NEI created this award to recognize those companies who are thinking outside the box and making great strides to improve their services.
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion Award. Added to our awards in 2021, the DE&I award is designed to recognize a company that is demonstrating a true commitment to creating a diverse workforce, an equitable and fair environment, and strives to be inclusive in all that they do.
As our first event in over two years, we were thrilled to have such a great turnout and receive an overall score of 9.4 out of 10. We would like to thank all our sponsors for their support, as it not only provides a great networking opportunity for Service Partners to meet with NEI employees, but it also contributes to the success of our spring client event.
And before we go, we would also like to thank Ben Cross for featuring several NEI team members on his Love & Relo podcast while attending the Summit for the first time!